1. How can I get my money back?
You are eligible for a refund when you shop at any of the 6,000 affiliated stores. To receive your refund you must present copies of the following documents at any of our offices at an airport, cruise port or shopping mall: passport, Immigration Form (FMM), boarding pass or cruise ship ID, invoices and credit card vouchers.
2. How much is the shopping refund?
MONEYBACK offers international travelers an 8.9% refund of the total amount of pesos they spend when shopping in Mexico. The refund will be transferred to you directly on your credit card in your local currency.
3. In which cities can I get my money back?
You can get your money back at our offices at the airports and cruise ship terminals of Cancun & Riviera Maya, Loreto, Mexico City, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit, Merida, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Los Cabos, La Paz, Puerto Chiapas, Acapulco, Ixtapa, Taxco, Querétaro and Puebla. You can shop at many other cities, but should leave the country from any of the airports or piers mentioned above. You can also find us at information desks at shopping malls. We have a total of over 50 service locations throughout Mexico.
4. How do I know if a store is offering MONEYBACK?
You can ask the store personnel or look for the MONEYBACK logo.
5. Where can I find information about the status of my refund?
Please email your FOLIO number to email@example.com and we will provide a status on your refund.
6. What can I do if the store or shop where I bought is not affiliated to your network?
As established by law, we can only accept receipts from our affiliated stores.
7. How long does the refund take?
Once you have submitted your request at one of our offices, we revise all documents, and process your refund. Normally it takes about 45 days after you leave the country for the money to be received on your credit card.
8. Is there a minimum amount I should spend?
There is no limit when paying with credit card, but the minimum purchase required is $1,200 pesos. There is no maximum when paying with credit card.
You can also accumulate purchases from the same store.
Purchases in cash don’t require a minimum but are limited to $3,000 pesos per person.
9. Can I pay with any credit card?
This is a program exclusively for international Visa and MasterCard members.
10. The airline took my FMM – Immigration form, now how can I get my tax back?
Make sure to always make a copy of your immigration form (FMM) in order to show it at the airport.
11. Can I get my MONEYBACK when I have a FM3 (old immigration form)?
No, by law we are required to only accept the current FMM Mexican immigration Form when processing the refunds.
12. Can I get my money back if I am an airline employee?
Unfortunately, airline employees are not authorized to receive refunds for shopping in Mexico.
13. Who qualifies for refunds when shopping in Mexico?
International travelers who leave the country through one of the authorized airports on a commercial airline flight, private airplane (please show passenger’s manifest) or through any cruise ship terminal are eligible to receive a refund.
Leaving Mexico by land does NOT apply
Unfortunately, we are unable to process your refund if you are missing any of the required documents, as required by the law.
15. When will you be opening more destinations for shopping refunds?
Please check our website, Facebook and Twitter pages for updates on new destinations, shopping specials and any other news about MONEYBACK in Mexico. We currently have over 50 locations in the country.
16. Can I get a MONEYBACK refund for my hotel bill?
No. Services such as hotel accommodations and restaurant meals, non-taxable goods such as food, non-alcoholic beverages, books and medicines, are not eligible for refunds in Mexico by law.
17. Can I get a refund with MONEYBACK for goods originating in Mexico that are shipped, sent by courier or purchased over the internet?
No. Tax-refund shopping applies only to goods that are physically purchased at a MONEYBACK affiliated retailer and exported out of Mexico as part of your luggage.
18. Where can I find more information about the refund process in Mexico?
All official rules and regulations are established by the Mexican government's internal revenue service, called S.A.T. You can find all the rules pertaining to tax-free shopping at www.sat.gob.mx. Please note information is currently only available in Spanish.
19. I lost or misplaced my credit card receipt, can I still get a refund?
If you cannot present credit card receipts for your purchases, by law we are required to consider your request like it was a cash purchase. This means, you can only get your refund for purchases up to $3,000.00 Mexican Pesos. If you shopped more, you will not be able to get your MONEYBACK without the credit card voucher.
20. Can I get my refund wired to my checking account, via check or deposited to my debit card?
Currently we can only offer shopping refunds deposited directly to your credit card (AMEX, VISA, MasterCard). Other options may become available in the future.
21. How long does it take to get my refund processed at the airport or cruise ship terminal?
It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to process your refund at any of our service modules.
22. Can I get a refund for my shopping if I'm leaving Mexico on a private plane?
Yes, just show the passenger’s manifest.
How to shop Tax Free
Everything you need to know about saving money when you shop abroad... Read more...
Vigencia, ver más